Last week was a really “off” week for me. I’m paying the price for being a cog in someone else’s dream, rather than achieving my own, and it’s caused some serious blockage, including in my writing. However, I don’t feel like hitting yall with all that. In the midst of my flux, I saw a tweet that made me giggle heartily:
RT @imkishabish: IF WE ON A DATE AND YOU DRINK FROM MY STRAW… #WEGOTOGETHER NOW!
So I shared it with my friends, and realized that we all have these “rules” – seemingly innocuous actions which hold major implications – that we subconsciously abide by. Now, I am the queen of full disclosure, and my official stance is unless we have the “we go together” talk, we don’t go together. However, there are some things that are just *this side* of extra,that cause us to feel a person is more than just a casual dating acquaintance. So, all in good fun, I present to you, “You Know How I Know We Go Together?”
- If you call me at my job to pick up your mama and bring her to Safeway, WE GO TOGETHER NOW.
- If your brother calls my phone looking for you and starts of the call with “Hey Big Head,” WE GO TOGETHER NOW.
- If you go in my fridge and just start warming stuff up, WE GO TOGETHER NOW.
- If you fart and we both laugh, WE GO TOGETHER NOW.
- If you ask me to iron your shirt and I use th ironing board AND the starch, WE GO TOGETHER NOW.
- If you take my last Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi or the last of my Raisin Bran and I let you live, WE GO TOGETHER NOW.
- If I am talking about an aunt, and you say, “The one with the diabetes or the one with the crazy husband,” not only do WE GO TOGETHER NOW, but I will also do something extra freaky to you for remembering my stories.
Despite being clustered, I have a few things going on, but I promise, I’ll be coming through with more posts. Until then (and by “then,” I mean tomorrow) feel free to chime in with your own “We Go Together Rules.